- Fully participate in and support the Horizon Steel Quality System
- Comply with safety requirements in area, specifically hard hat and safety glasses
- Apply side bands securely to coils
- When packaged on skids, apply bands to secure coils to skids
- Insure protective packaging is used as required.
- Read work orders and follow Customer Specific packaging instructions
- Follow instruction from the Banding Captain and Plant Manager
- Keep the work area clean and orderly.
- Report any quality concerns, including stopping production to prevent a nonconformance, to the immediate supervisor.
- Build skids using lumber, table saw, and nail gun.
- Use monorail crane to stack steel coils on skids
- Use forklift to store finished goods
- May or may not have experience in a metal manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Related Equipment:
- Semi-automatic banding equipment
- Banding conveyor, turnstiles and coil picker
- Hand operated banding equipment.
- Electronic scale
- Tape Measure