- Fully participate in and support the Horizon Steel Quality System
- Comply with safety requirements in area, specifically hard hat and safety glasses
- Identify different grades of steel
- Receive coils per Control Plans
- Locate and stage coils for production based on production schedule
- Maintain organization of material in designated areas.
- Keep the area clean including:
- Banding, paper and metal packaging materials in the proper containers.
- Compress material in scrap containers.
- Clean up oil that leaks out of coils.
- Coil cradles and chains neatly organized.
- General cleaning in designated areas.
- Report any quality concerns, including stopping production to prevent a nonconformance, to the immediate supervisor.
- May or may not have experience in a metal manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to start at a basic entry position.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Must possess basic reading, writing and math skills
- Related Equipment:
- Operate overhead cranes
- Operate forklift
- Use micrometer
- Use caliper
- Use Tape measure
- Operate receiving scale
Sufficient computer familiarity
The person in this position may perform additional functions as required by the President.