- Fully participate in and support the Horizon Steel Quality System
- Comply with safety requirements in area, specifically hard hat and safety glasses
- Identify different grades of steel
- All related slitter equipment
- Reading and understanding Work Orders issued for production.
- Processing the jobs in accordance with the Work Orders.
- Processing all orders following procedures specified in the Control Plan.
- Verification of set-up
- Documentation of production statistics including:
- Actual strip widths produced
- Gauge readings.
- Quality comments observed during run and disposition with sign-off.
- Any other production documentation which may be required.
- Responsible for work area being kept clean and orderly.
- Report any quality concerns, including stopping production to prevent a nonconformance, to the immediate supervisor.
- 1 to 2 years experience in metal slitting environment.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Must possess basic reading, writing and math skills
- Related Equipment:
- Slitter including; coil cars, turnstiles, arbors, etc.
- Tooling set-up computer program
- Gamma Gauge